Saturday 15 August 2015

How To Make Your Room Your Haven.

A lot of people have asked me to do room tours in the past. 
I decided this week to produce a quick tutorial for you all on how to really make your room you haven. 

I love that Swedish minimalism design, so my room is quite simple and sweet. White walls, white furnishings and white rugs.










My top tips for turning your space into a haven?

ADD A RUG
Adding a rug to your room will instantly create the illusion of a bigger, warmer space!

PUT IT ON DISPLAY
Putting your treasured belongings on display will not only help you save a few dollars on storage space, but it will also create that aesthetic vibe that you see on blogger's Instagrams and my Pinterest board!

LET THERE BE LIGHT!
I'm the type of girl who will sacrifice the biggest room in the house for a smaller room with a window (literally, I'm that girl). There's nothing worse than taking the best selfie or flatlay in your life, and having to use artificial lighting from a crappy app on your phone. 

FEATURE WALL
And I don' mean painting the wall behind your bed head bright pink like we did when we were kids. Decorate a (or all) walls in your room with a feature, wether it be a funky mirror frame, a blackboard wall or a cute bunting! The possibilities are endless.




SHARE:

No comments

© WEEKEND MUSE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig