Sunday 4 October 2015

Bold Lips Routine.





Hi guys! This week I thought I'd do another makeup tutorial for you!

As I've explained many times before, on a scale of 1 to makeup guru, I rate myself about a solid -5.
Makeup is definitely not my strong point, either is lipstick admittedly.

But when my best gals bought me Chanel's Rogue Allure Velvet red lipstick (in the shade 51), I though I may as well attempt to master the red lip! 


It just so happens that colouring is not one of my strong points either. So I like to begin this routine by outlining my lips with Savvy's nourishing lip liner in the shade brick. 

I have a round cupids bow, and I like my lips to look bold and sharp, so by lining and colouring my lips with a pencil first, I have the option to shape my cupids bow with with more rigid appearing edges. 



Next thing I like to do is lather my lips in the Chanel Rogue Allure Velvet lipstick. 
Although I'm not an expert when it comes to lipstick, I did find that Chanel's is not very long-lasting, it very easily rubs off with even the slightest touch. (Which, is actually kind of handy if you're terrible at colouring within the lines like me!) 


Now, if you're a little afraid of wearing a bright, bold red like me, you'll want to add another -darker- shade on top of your base colour. I like to use Mac's Viva Glam III. 


AND POUT!

That's how I apply a red lip to my more 'glammed' make up looks. 



If you guys's want to know how I achieve my base look, browse my 'How To My Go To' lookbook.

To achieve flawless eyeline, check out how to 'Master The Dramatic Line'


See you next week xx
SHARE:

No comments

© WEEKEND MUSE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig